Hello i have a 256gb sd card can i use the flipper?

Hey ive a 256gb sd card can i use the flipper with it bcs it says the Flipper only supports up to 128gb. If not, is there any method how i can use it anyways like capping the gb from the sd card to 32gb? If yes please tell me how. Thanks in advance

1 Like

I’m not sure if it will work but if you choose to try format the card to Fat32. In my opinion you’re better off finding a inexpensive SD card for your Flipper in the 8gb-16gb range. They are very cheap and will assure maximum performance.

@freepy Just for giggles, I successfully formatted a 256gb Samsung Evo Select sd card. My Flipper is on RC 0.76.0 fw. :sunglasses: It shouldn’t hurt anything to try formatting your card.

1 Like

I’d hate to see the mess that would create all filled up. The menu would not be navigable in a lifetime. :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl: You have a valid point. With me being a file hoarder and never deleting anything… I could see myself living with a little lag to have all of my files in one place.
On the flip side, it will probably take a while to fill 256gb.

2 Likes

AFAIK most parts of Flipper understand subdirectories fine. Can’t create them without a PC/smartphone though.
As for reasons to use large SD - I easily filled half of my 32GiB card by decompressing lots of music for WAV Player.

1 Like

Fellow hoarder here! I think @LupusE even created an automatic file hoarding process for his Flipper.

Thanks for mentioning, @jmr .
Yes, with a 32 GB MicroSD I’ve had enough space. But because of the many small files, it needed a lot of writes with every sync, or the data doubles and tripels over time. Not easy to find the latest IR code on the small screen.

At first I’ve cloned the git repos, symlinked it to one folder and synced it with the SD card… But in the end I want to preserve the original file structure, for easier debug/search ondevice and online.

So I wrote Little helper to sync SD card to organize my SD with some official git repos.
Here you’ll also see a little statistics about the needed space. Of course the .wav from the GuidoZ repo are not needed, but for fun.

This weekend I plan to integrate the backup of own dumps and add .qrcode handling.

1 Like

I don’t need it, it was a single-time write. As for syncing entire git repos, I consider it to be too much.

1 Like