Hacking rolling Code with Kaiju

Hello,

I would like to test to hack a rolling code on a sub Ghz remote I own.
I would like to do it with Kaiju - Welcome

Only problem is : The RAW data has to be Hex or Binary. And the Raw Data from Flipper is not modulated already… SO when i want to push data like on this example :

It’s not the good format.

Do you know how to extract or convert Raw Data from Flipper Zero to Binary or Hex data ?

2 Likes

We can only provide information about our file format, the rest is on you, as we don’t support Kaiju at all

These Raw Data is a binary File. Rename it to bin.
Sorry if I underestimate you.

Has anyone been able to get this api to work with free license? I get “no API support”

I can use their web tool in here: Kaiju - Welcome

And how do you upload captures, because I see nothing.

1 Like

If you log in, you have on the left side menu:

• Analyse and then Flipper Zero option to upload directly .sub file
1 Like

Ty, I just didn’t have a free license

1 Like

you are welcome!

Hello, I am the Kaiju developper.
Just to let you know there are now free Kaiju Trial licenses with API support enabled.
And Kaiju now supports Flipper Zero RAW .sub file format, just have a look here https://pandwarf.com/news/kaiju-supports-flipper-zero-sub-ghz-signal-files/
So you don’t have to convert pulse width duration into binary format.

2 Likes

Hi there @Tartopom , i did create a Kaiju account and i see that you guys mainly have Keeloq support, i think it’s a cool service but expensive… I did get a free trial and it’s nice. I like that it can use Sub files and you guys do have way more KeeLoq manufacturer keys than flipper have … I would like to see the manufacturer key when sending a sample with keeloq so that i could add that to flipper … Also it would be cool if Kaiju could parse fixed codes as well, not just rolling codes and Keeloq. At any rate looks good. Also hope that you guys do implement generation of rolling codes in flipper SUB format so i can test to generate new rolling codes with Kaiju and send them with flipper when manufacturer key for specific vendors are not known by flipper so no chance to generate next codes with flipper but possible to do so with Kaiju. Regards.

Ok … I did some more testing with Kaiju. I did recorded using flipper read raw a frequency without any signal at all, meaning recording “empty” signal (a frequency without transmission) then uploaded to Kaiju …

They process the file with an account with trial license and it reports a fixed code signal and request $$$ to see the results of the analyze…

Not very good at all … Looks like anting for people to pay to get access to something they will not have as the signal was empty ,

This might for example make people pay license fee in hope to get a signal decrypted when in fact it’s impossible to decrypt or doesn’t have nothing on it …

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Kaiju should check first if the signal/codes can be decrypted/generated and only then request for license/payment … Looks like agressive advertizing by forcing people to pay to see stuff that they can’t offer …

1 Like

This is how marketing works. Who would expect someone upload garbage? Maybe, if it looks any useful, further analysis can bring real results.
But why go deeper for free, of you can charge and than ask for ‘a cleaner signal’?

I do like the open firmware of the flipper. It is fun to read the source and understand how it works… But it is not very common these days.
Unfortunately I get a lot in contact with this in difference Webshop projects. All are the best and easy and fast… Until you paid and want to understand how it works, for example a shop with two stocks.

Let’s not set the Kaiju Project on fire, because of not pleasant marketing practice.
From your previous post I do hope it will be a useful additional service, to the flipper analysis.

I tried with different devices and I always got: Remote unknown, cannot generate rolling codes

I upload .sub (Flipper RAW) and Kaiju can read frequency and modulation but no result.

Are there some way to get a good result? I tried like 10 different devices.

I uploaded flipper .sub with read raw reading nothing (freuency without signal) and i get this :

Need one toke (pay) to unlock my fixed code / Sentry / METX1 that aparently is present on files that i submitted without any valid signal…

Judge for yourself…

To be fair with Kaiju the issue i did report happens only with ook/AM because with FM aparently doesn’t happen so maybe it’s a BUG and it’s not intended… If it’s intended it’s pretty BAD.

Regarding @Quixote question make sure you have a correct saved raw from your flipper. Make sure that you have correct frequency and deviation of your remote (if FM). Best way to test is to select modulation/frequency in READ and be sure that flipper do detect the KeeLoq with those settings. If so save a raw with the same settings and upload to Kaiju.

I did some tests by uploading valid KeeLoq saved raws with flipper and kaiju did properly detected them, as a matter of fact Kaiju does have more KeeLoq manufacturer keys than Flipper have and is able to generate future codes on KeeLoq remotes that flipper doesn’t know manufacturer keys yet…

Thanks for all your info. Exactly, that is what happen to me. Flipper doesn’t recognize any KeeLoq on my tests, so there are no way to use the raw data on Kaiju. The only way to use raw data is if Flipper has the right keeloq, right?

No … Even if flipper doesn’t have the manufacturer key of a specific vendor it will still show Keeloq unknown and will not be able to generate new codes even with non-official firmware and you will not have a count as the flipper will not know at what point your remote is but will still see it as KeeLoq. If it doesn’t most likely you have incorrect modulation/deviation or even frequency so you are saving a non-valid signal that you can’t replay even if you saved it away from the reciever. Incorrect signal will not work with Kaiju also. It’s not SDR you need to have correct modulation and frequency to capture correct de-modulated signal.
My advice is for you to get a SDR to test further. Once you do get correct modulation you can use a pre-set on flipper to capture that signal correctly and the Kaiju will see the Keeloq on it as well.

1 Like

Ok, I need to know the right modulation of the signal. I’m pretty sure I’m right on frequency. Then I have to try with SDR. Probably I can read with rtl_433 to know modulation, I guess. Once I have right modulation how is the way to use pre-set on flipper. Can you give me a link or some clue where I can read about it? Thank you.

I don’t know as well. There are some pre-sets examples on the forum already but i don’t know how to change many of the options/settings… I manly know about 2-FSK deviation only …

1 Like