Genie Garage Door Opener

Captured the frequency data for genie overhead door key fob.

FCCID: Grantee Code: b8q Product Code: gl2t
Emits at 315 and 390, raw files attached (converted from .sub to .txt because this forum does not like .sub
Gd390.txt (97.7 KB)
Gd315.txt (68.5 KB)
Does not seem to like a raw replay.

4 Likes

Genie and overhead door use a protocol they call intellicode 2 or code dodger 2. It’s a rolling code on 315 or 390.

A raw replay will not work. Attached is 10 button presses on 315 and 390. Each press sends a different code. Hopefully they can be analyzed and a protocol for the flipper can be made.
Intellicode 315.txt (59.7 KB)
Intellicode 390.txt (48.5 KB)

@SkorP

I see

Any other info you need?

need a Keeloq manufacturing key, from a Genie system

Could you use one from a compatible universal garage remote?

For those wondering why a manufacturer key is needed.

NOTE: this is a direct PDF download. Download only from trusted sources.

Any luck finding the manufacturer key for genie? I found someone who has it, but he is reluctant to give it out. I believe I put in in contact with you.

Hey so how do you get these to actually work? I know this site doesnt like the .sub but i changed the extension to .sub and saved and loaded it onto my Flipper but when I go to saves select it which my garage frequency is 390 not 315 cause when I read RAW i see the chart jump. But when I go to play the saves 380 one you provided it comes up with a picture of a microsd card with a question mark in it and says cannot parse file. However the other files for the 315 and 390 on this page I did t eh same thing and converted it to .sub and it lets me go into it fine and select send. But like you said it cant read raw so when I select the other files and tap send its doing it raw. How do you send it so its not raw?

Anyone know if this is currently being worked on I’m sure a lot of people have a genie garage door who feel the pain

Lol you want your garage door security broken? :joy:

No one is working on this, as there isn’t much anyone can do without the Manufacturer key. This is used to calculate seeds. As far as I know, this is only one of many hurdles in the way of reversing Intellicode

The key would be most useful. A firmware dump of a genie overhead motor COULD be analyzed for the key, but good luck with that

I’m pretty new to this so I apologize ahead of time if I’m supposed to post this somewhere else. Is there a way for me to help you get this so the Genie garage door opener can be used with the flipper?

You’re in the right post, but there’s no good answer yet. A summary of the above posts would be that it won’t work. The Genie garage door opener uses rolling codes, and we would need programming code only the company has to replicate it. You might be able to listen to a garage door opener and save the transmission, but if the garage door “hears” it too then when you replay it, it won’t work.

P.S. It says it’s your first post, welcome!

1 Like

Hi, I’m new here, but I’m curious. Looking at this documentation, is there a way to program Flipper Zero and pair it with the garage manually? Or would there still be an issue with rolling codes?

I’m still new to this Sub-Ghz stuff. However, from what I’ve seen is it because Flipper does not have the ability to mimic rolling codes every time? Sort of like what you said @Rilox ?

From what I understand, the flipper can’t make the rolling codes without the Keeloq manufacturing key from a Genie system. That key allows it to create the rolling codes that the Genie system will accept.

Following. Would like this functionality to be added

Continuing the discussion from Genie Garage Door Opener:

The genie gt90-1 remote is not rolling codes,Keeloq,intellicode 2 or code dodger 2 or what ever.
the remote is 9 or 12 dip the reason I think it might not work is ASK-modulated at 390 MHz with bits encoded as sequences of 10 kHz and 20 kHz pulses. some one needs to figure out what encode they use.

paten for the remote https://patents.google.com/patent/US4103238A/en?q=patent%2fUS4103238A+OR+patent%2fDE4103238A1+OR+patent%2fDE4103238C2

site showing it normal 9 or 12 dip at 390
genie
genie1

1 Like

I have this model and it is not rolling. It’s 315/390 and I can read raw and repeat with no problem. But my other genie is ROLLIN and I can copy the remote and use that one code but of course it only works once.

RECEIVER Model/Modèle 315390R2

FC

IC: 2133A-315390R2 IC: RSS/CNR 210 THE GENIE COMPANY

If You need a firmware dump from a receiver , walk me through it and use mine. Ain’t nobody gonna get that close to my garage to be a threat anyways .

Lemme know , I want this to work.
Uploading: PXL_20230729_051531941.jpg…
Uploading: PXL_20230729_051618259.jpg…

I don’t think the pics will upload

ints not fooling code its fixed code know one can get it to work