Gas Sign edit

For the gas-sign-edit files, in the UK do I need to change the frequency for each one to 433.92 or should I just leave them as they are? Also I’m not really sure how it works, I looked on the github and I was confused because they talked about some specific code on the gas sign chip.

1 Like

I would like to know as well

Please don’t use this nefariously. The people that get blamed when the sign has the wrong price are low paid and under appreciated. Having done that work I can tell you customers aren’t pleasant when they think they were deceived.

4 Likes

No no, I don’t have the intention to use it this way - I just want to learn more about how frequencies differ in the UK from other parts of the world, that’s why I’m asking how it would vary with the gas sign edit files.

2 Likes

My guess is the frequencies would fall into the industrial, scientific and medical(ISM) bands however changing the frequencies likely won’t work. Imagine if the codes were all the same and there were two gas stations next to each other. That would be an issue. The frequencies commonly used can travel a pretty good distance. You would see many accidental and malicious changes.

1 Like

For the GAS SIGN edit you need for the remote serial to match the reciever serial. The posted files will not work out of the box, each device/reciever have it’s code/serial.

2 Likes

idk if it worked

As far as I have noticed, there are a lot of gas stations that don’t use a wireless solution, but a wired one instead. I don’t know how big the percentage of those is though, so it might be possible or might not be.

1 Like

Yes some are wired, some may be encrypted, and they all have different serial numbers. As I said before you can’t have these signs all working with the same exact remote frequency and code. Imagine if all car remotes were the same. It would be a nightmare and a large gas station has a heck of a lot more money at stake. It’s a very competitive market with small margins on the gas but low gas prices pull people in. Then you sell them overpriced snacks. :rofl:

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t understand how to download files I don’t find the option to download it just let me download like a url weird can someone uploaded a downloadable files for gas

You mean the .sub files? It’s easier to just download the whole repo, IIRC if you’re logged in (not logged in to github rn, on a break) you can download individual folders.
If (on github) you click on Flipper (to the right of main) and then click on code (green button) then download zip. Unzip the repo then go to " flipper/subGHz/gas_sign/gas_alt_files " and the .sub files will be in there.

Or you could copy the text from the .sub files into notepad and then save them as .sub individuallly. .sub files are just text files.

can someone upload a downloaded zip version of gas becouse idk how to download flies off of github. thanks

It’s better you learn how to download those files yourself. It’s very simple.

3 Likes