FM module - idea

I think it might be useful to use Bluetooth connectivity (and a “companion app”) to allow the user to stream audio on FM frequencies (87.5 to 108.0 MHz). i know that in many states it is illegal to broadcast without a license, but it should be considered as an idea for an external module to be attached to the gpio.

I hope that this idea can be taken into consideration at least by the diy community, I am attaching the photo of an fm module for arduino:
61tB18DnOcL.AC_SX425|425x389

forgive me for my english (google transalated), thanks for reading and stay safe out here!

5 Likes

There is a lot of FM bluetooth transmitters for cars. Do we really need one more?

2 Likes

honestly yes, it would be a very portable solution, charged at 5v (not the 12 of the car) and usable even on old stereos if your phone does not have a 3.5 jack.In any case, I think it could also be useful to experiment on a platform where competent people are / will be present. It must also be considered that it is a very little treated topic from tutorials and paper guides

3 Likes

Can’t the CC1101 in this already transmit FM this this range? Is it just the antenna that won’t do these frequency ranges?

1 Like

Nope, it can’t do the FM range. Moreover, it can’t do analogue radio.