Flipper Zero Low power mode

This topic is dedicated for issues with the new sleep mode for the Flipper Zero.

3 Likes

Hey there! I’m on the official firmware, but when the deep sleep mode is enabled (verified via System > Sleep Method = Default), the Power screen just shows “Consumption is 5mA”, and not “Napping…” like described in this blog post.

Does that mean the Flipper isn’t entering the deep sleep mode? If yes, what can be done to troubleshoot this?

3 Likes

same issue here :slight_smile: quite curious to see what is happening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Disable debuging in settings and try again.

Yeah, the problem is that Debugging prevents the device from going to sleep.

3 Likes

Great insight!

1 Like

Hi, folks!

I’ve got a strange behaviour after upgrading to new firmware — Flipper began to crash & reboot while trying to go to sleep. Ok, I read this topic, went to the settings to make sure that the “debug” mode is turned off. It was.

But why not to try some experiments? I’ve turned it on, then turned it off again and Flipper stopped crashing BUT(!) when I go to Battery Info I’ve got “Om-nom-nom! Consumption is 19 mA”.

OK, let’s go further. I went to settings again & enabled Legacy sleep mode (and then disabled it). Now I’ve got “Napping…”

Maybe it could help somebody.

2 Likes

Debug only controls SWD interface and when switched off slightly reduces consumption. We are aware of crashes will issue fix this week.

2 Likes

Hello;

I’ve tried to have low power mode working with no success so far (8-10 mA consumption, never “napping”)

firmware is 0.83.1 - radio firmware 1.15.0:L

settings:
Log level: None
Debug: OFF
Heap Trace: None
Sleep Method: Default

I’ve done the power cycle and waited 10+ seconds
I’ve tried to set log/debug/sleep mode changes and reset them to above
I’ve tried to reflash latest firmware in DFU mode
I’ve tried without an sd card
The bluetooth is OFF

None of these worked and still getting consumption on battery info screen
(I’m waiting until backlight goes off and then some minutes more - still having ~10mA consumption)

Is there anything more I can try to make this working ?
Thanks

You have mentioned Bluetooth. Is BT on?

Bluetooth is OFF

Please drop a message to support, they’ll guide you throw the diagnostic procedures.

1 Like

Is there any estimate on when or if this issue will be fixed?

Not really. FW 0.85 got changes that will improves stability, also this issue is on ST side and they didn’t gave us any estimates.

If this still isn’t working for you after the above settings changes that people have suggested, try shutting down (hold the “back” button until prompted, then push “right”), and then starting up (hold the “back” button for 2 seconds while off) your flipper.

After a firmware update, I set the settings above but it was still idling around 10/11 watts when the LCD backlight turned off. After a reboot, it switched to “Napping…”.

Are you using official firmware? Is Bluetooth on and connected?

On non official but for me if I turn off Bluetooth and enable deep sleep, the flipper lasts for so long now I barely recall how often I charge it. Probably weekly
At max or even every 2 weeks now. If Bluetooth is turned on I get some hard faults and error messages

1 Like

We are working together with ST to fix this issue. ST is currently testing fix, but it’s going to take some time till it will be officially released.

1 Like