Flipper Zero antenna's are bouncy

Hi, are FZ antennas supposed to be bouncy? My anntenas when i push them down it’s a bit bouncy so if that’s how it suppose to be then okay, bit if isn’t… PLEASEEE help me what to do.

I don’t think you should be disassembling the Flipper and poking around inside if you don’t know what to expect from the antenna. It’s not unusual for an antenna to feel “bouncy” though. The Sub-GHz antenna is a simple piece of wire electrically connected on one end. It would be very easy to break if you are wiggling it around.

What can I do to prevent it from breaking?

I was meaning that when I push it down it goes down and after I release it goes up.

Put it back together and stop pushing on it. That’s how it’s supposed to be.

I never did disassemble it, but I’ll not push it again. Thanks!

Does the number 17 appear next to the thing you believe is an antenna?

Yes.

1 Like

Then it’s not antennas, but iButton pins. It’s normal and there aren’t many [public] records of them breaking. But if you aren’t using iButton, you can get a custom case (I think there are some on Thingiverse) to cover those.

1 Like

Thank you so much, you helped me with one of my stressful things. I’ll check out Thingiverse :smile:

1 Like

That explains the confusion! :rofl: I wouldn’t worry about it. Even if they did break which I’ve never heard of that’s one of the least used features of the Flipper. I very rarely hear anyone talk about using I-buttons.

1 Like

It mostly depends on where do you live and amount of legacy around you. I have them, for example.

2 Likes