Flipper Pin Lockout | Unable to Restore

First off, I’ve been having a blast the last couple of days with this thing. Awesome job to everyone who pulled this off.

Secondly, I’ve been playing with all the settings. I set the Lock PIN this morning but, because I have the memory of a goldfish, I immediately forgot my pin and became locked out. With no password reset link to catch my fall, I was doomed to recovery mode.

I attempted recovery mode (on my desktop, Windows 10 64 bit and laptop macOS) from the instructions here:
https://docs.flipperzero.one/basics/firmware-update/firmware-recovery .
paying special attention to the drivers and COM ports.

Recovery fails on:

[UTL] Assets Download @Ranmadr ERROR: Failed to perform stat operation: Operation timeout (generic)
[DEV] Full Repair @Ranmadr ERROR: Failed to perform stat operation: Operation timeout (generic)
[RPC] (2) Storage Info @/ext ERROR: Operation timeout (generic)

I’ve attached a copy of the log below. I’ve since remembered my PIN and am back to playing with my flipper (pin disabled) but thought I would post in case somebody else runs into this.

LockedOut.txt (20.5 KB)

Are there special instructions for recovery mode when the device is locked and the PIN is unknown?
If so, I was unable to find them.

1 Like

Similar or same issue?

What OS are you using? Did you enter recovery mode before repairing?

I am running into what appears to be a similar issue. I inadvertently locked with a pin and honestly was not paying attention to the pin that I input so I am locked out.

I am using MacOS Monterey Version 12.3

Attached is a screenshot of the short log, and an file of the full log.

qFlipper-20220526-165013.txt (22.3 KB)

Forgot to mention I booted in recover mode and attempted to ‘repair’ and this is the result.

I figured out how to fix it. I attempted reflashing the regular release firmware in DFU mode but was getting an error. I eventually tried reflashing the Dev release which worked. I then reflashed the regular release. I, fortunately, did a backup before all of this so I restored all of my files and settings.

1 Like

I was able to by pass my forgotten pin by pushing an update over Bluetooth from my phone during one of the failed attempt time lockouts.

Soooo i really need help. I bought a flipper. I tried to connect via bt. To my phone. It asks for a pairing pin. It even says this is usually 0000 or 1234. And its neither. I believe previous owner set one and im unable to obtain. Can anyone help me with this. Thank u

It is a totally different beast and it should be displayed on Flipper’s screen.