Fatal: Unable to find current revision in submodule path 'lib/FreeRTOS-Kernel'

So I managed to solve this issue when trying to create a plugin but now I got this completely different error that I can’t fix:
fatal: not a git repository: /mnt/c/Programming/Sammyueru—flipper_zero_projects/lib/FreeRTOS-Kernel/E:/Programming/Flipper/flipperzero-firmware/.git/modules/lib/FreeRTOS-Kernel
fatal: Unable to find current revision in submodule path ‘lib/FreeRTOS-Kernel’

Anyways I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it.
Thanks in advance!

Have you closed with submodules? Try running git submodule update --init --recursive

That didn’t work sorry.

Hmm

Maybe try cloning it once again to see if it helps?
git clone --recursive https://github.com/flipperdevices/flipperzero-firmware.git

That error usually signifies that the repository was cloned incorrectly, and the submodules weren’t properly downloaded

Alright I’m currently trying that, thanks!

I now no longer have the error but it also seems I’m not getting any output in command prompt at all and it seems to move on very quickly and I can’t find the build files either is there a file I should look for?

Edit: when I said command prompt I meant terminal btw

What command are you running? Can you attach the full terminal input/output?

“root@DESKTOP-P811182:/mnt/c/programming/Sammyueru—flipper_zero_projects# ./fbt --extra-ext-apps=pokecard_dex”

Then I get nothing

Edit: However it does allow me to reinput it about 5 seconds later.

And what happens if you just run ./fbt?

same thing

@hedger do you have any recommendations on what to do here?

I’m sorry to bother you but I’ve been waiting 2 days for a fix do you know if there’s anyone else might know what to try

Again sorry I really don’t want to sound rude or anything.

@Sam
Can you please run ./fbt VERBOSE=1 ?
Also ./fbt --taskmastertrace=trace.log and share that log file?

Wait I think I figured out the problem (maybe?)
I think it might have something to do with my ubuntu wsl install
So I’m gonna try to fix that real quick.

Nevermind it’s not ubuntu

The same thing happens when I do those to commands nothing happens and then a couple seconds later it allows me to put it another command

So for some reason all my ubuntu WSL’s wouldn’t work with fbt but if I use command prompt it works for some reason

Thank you everyone who helped me fix this.

1 Like