Documentation?

I got my flipper zero today and was super excited about it. I managed to update it to the latest FW and was ready to start playing with it but there seems to be ZERO documentation on the various functions. Is this a temporary situation or did I get ripped off with this thing? Seems like a lot of money to ship something that can’t be used due to lack of documentation. Hoping this is just a temporary outage or something.

2 Likes

There’s also this thread, but honestly, aside from the sub-5Ghz usage (which is intentionally limited for security reasons), most of the Flipper’s interface is straightforward and easy. Is there something you want to do that you’re having trouble with?

For context, I also unboxed my Flipper Zero today, and again, aside from the sub-5Ghz stuff, I’ve scanned NFC cards, both low frequency and high frequency cards, emulated low frequency cards, etc., just based on the menus.

Well it’s probably temporary because all of the documentation in Russian exists – but also, you’re physically holding a product that works, with firmware updates, a flasher, radios, etc. If it was a ripoff you wouldn’t have any of that.

1 Like

It is all there to use with a very minor learning curve…

1 Like

Thanks @hakusaro I appreciate the input. Lack of documentation in a primary language is a pretty huge failure for something that costs as much as this device. After reviewing the RU documentation I’m even more disappointed. It’s incredibly basic without any real discussion of capabilities or limitations. It seems like a really nice piece of hardware rendered useless by lack of documentation. And, yes, I understand that if I got involved in the community, participated in discussions and investigated the capabilities of the individual boards I could probably make it work. I could do that anyway and have built my own devices for many of these capabilities. I don’t have time or energy for that level of engagement right now. I was hoping for something a little more streamlined from this one.

Mine failed to read pretty much anything. Even a 125khz 1386 card. In fact, the only thing that I could get it to read in any format was a single NFC credit card which isn’t very useful.

Currently, it’s on top of a stack of other stuff I’ve backed that turned out to be less than I wanted.

Also, to be clear, I’m really happy that you’re enjoying your device. I was expecting something different. Rock on. Have fun with it!

1 Like

Are you interested in selling it?

1 Like