Main Donate Github Blog

Character script

let me help us with dolphin actions while we will testing the world

Currently we need to design few mini games that can be played using flippers 5-position pad. Also we need a script of stand by activity. For example should we take care of the dolphin like a pet: clear the poop, feed then and so on, or he will a independent mature guy who can take care of itself.

Hi!

I totally agree with the thought that having to take care of Flipper can become an annoyance for some users.

I’d like to suggest a level up / progression / achievement system. The dolphin could become stronger/cooler depending of types, amount and results of actions performed. It is totally passive in a sense that all the user has to do is perform usual pentesting activities and Flipper will grow on its own, creating a nice sense of progress without having to worry it pooped itself or whatever.

We can go as far as having each dolphin gain unique visual traits depending on the most frequent actions taken with the device, think something like RPG classes (“wave rider”, “scribe”, “librarian” etc.)

Regarding minigames, I think the current pad and screen combo is more than enough to handle most of the classical types of gameplay that were present on old phones and ancient arcades.

1 Like

Great idea! It can grow up in different characters depends on your usage statistics. We can store a statistics on EEPROM where rpi can write the quantity of cracked wifi, read keys, nfc cards and so on (I think this not affects privacy if we just store a number?) Dolphin can read this numbers and depends on it change their look and behavior.

I think about a tiny 2D version of Ecco The Dolphin game

(I think this not affects privacy if we just store a number?)

I am sure we’ll need to obfuscate it in some way.

Ecco for life!

I think at the beginning it will be okay to have a single game (we don’t want the virtual pet mode to eat up a lot of resources at the expense of core functionality of the device.

The first thing that comes to mind is some kind of side view auto-scrolling thing, where you have to navigate Flippy up and down to collect stuff and dodge obstacles while periodically jumping from the water to replenish oxygen.

It will certainly look like

It will be fairly easy to design procedural generation with gradual difficulty rise (think Chrome’s dinosaur game) and it can be played for score.

BTW I like my dolphins piloting fighter planes:

ezgif.com-gif-maker