Ceiling Fan Remote (help)

Flipper arrived today, very excited.
First thing I wanted to do was learn my ceiling fan remote codes.

I have really crappy Mercator fans, each remote is sync’d independently.
There are issues with these remotes and I’d love to have full control of my three fans from the Flipper.

I was only able to read and intercept ONE command so far.

Filetype: Flipper SubGhz Key File
Version: 1
Frequency: 433920000
Preset: FuriHalSubGhzPresetOok650Async
Protocol: GateTX
Bit: 24
Key: 00 00 00 00 00 AA 9F CB

What can I do with this information?
I am unable to get it to read any of the other buttons, this one I got was the light toggle.
I’ll continue trying but wondering if I can hone in on this information to decode the other buttons.

The first thing you need to do is look at the FCC-ID number on the back of the remote (something like “CHQRH787T” , with that you can get the frequency being used. ( I’m betting something in the 303.9MHz range, common for most ceiling fans)

Knowing the frequency you can use your flipper to do a “Read Raw” and use the raw sample,
for what you want to do this would work just find…

For my fan I use some SDR tools and FCC docs and was got the actual codes uses, with this
I was able to generate .sub files my fan my using a script create_sub.py by jinschoi

My modified version added code for PWM and FSK is at evilpete/create_sub.py

The original is jinschoi/create_sub.py

BTW: a quick search for ’ “Mercator” fan Fcc ’ lead me to this: DC ceiling fan RF remote RH787T
if you are lucky this person already did al the work for you…

Feel free to reach out to me if you need further help…

1 Like

Thank you for that great reply!

The remote has two codes on the back:

FRM120 - this appears to be the product code for the remote, which I believe is discontinued because they are total crap…

HBX-17 BAU - not sure what this code is but the first result on google is a Mercator fan, but it doesn’t mention that on the page. Interestingly the page is for a different remote the FRM87.

Anyway, from what I can find, it appears the remotes are using 433.92 which makes sense since I did detect that one button press from my first post.

Since then I have tried a different remote, and the flipper detected every button press!

This is what its coming up as, not GateTX, but CAME protocol…

Filetype: Flipper SubGhz Key File
Version: 1
Frequency: 433920000
Preset: FuriHalSubGhzPresetOok650Async
Protocol: CAME
Bit: 24
Key: 00 00 00 00 00 2C 5F E9

Do you know if it is possible to write a little app/plugin to remote control my fan?
Or would I just need to record button clicks and replay them?

— edit —

I should have asked, why generate sub files?