Ceiling Fan Remote (help)

Flipper arrived today, very excited.
First thing I wanted to do was learn my ceiling fan remote codes.

I have really crappy Mercator fans, each remote is sync’d independently.
There are issues with these remotes and I’d love to have full control of my three fans from the Flipper.

I was only able to read and intercept ONE command so far.

Filetype: Flipper SubGhz Key File
Version: 1
Frequency: 433920000
Preset: FuriHalSubGhzPresetOok650Async
Protocol: GateTX
Bit: 24
Key: 00 00 00 00 00 AA 9F CB

What can I do with this information?
I am unable to get it to read any of the other buttons, this one I got was the light toggle.
I’ll continue trying but wondering if I can hone in on this information to decode the other buttons.

1 Like

The first thing you need to do is look at the FCC-ID number on the back of the remote (something like “CHQRH787T” , with that you can get the frequency being used. ( I’m betting something in the 303.9MHz range, common for most ceiling fans)

Knowing the frequency you can use your flipper to do a “Read Raw” and use the raw sample,
for what you want to do this would work just find…

For my fan I use some SDR tools and FCC docs and was got the actual codes uses, with this
I was able to generate .sub files my fan my using a script create_sub.py by jinschoi

My modified version added code for PWM and FSK is at evilpete/create_sub.py

The original is jinschoi/create_sub.py

BTW: a quick search for ’ “Mercator” fan Fcc ’ lead me to this: DC ceiling fan RF remote RH787T
if you are lucky this person already did al the work for you…

Feel free to reach out to me if you need further help…

1 Like

Thank you for that great reply!

The remote has two codes on the back:

FRM120 - this appears to be the product code for the remote, which I believe is discontinued because they are total crap…

HBX-17 BAU - not sure what this code is but the first result on google is a Mercator fan, but it doesn’t mention that on the page. Interestingly the page is for a different remote the FRM87.

Anyway, from what I can find, it appears the remotes are using 433.92 which makes sense since I did detect that one button press from my first post.

Since then I have tried a different remote, and the flipper detected every button press!

This is what its coming up as, not GateTX, but CAME protocol…

Filetype: Flipper SubGhz Key File
Version: 1
Frequency: 433920000
Preset: FuriHalSubGhzPresetOok650Async
Protocol: CAME
Bit: 24
Key: 00 00 00 00 00 2C 5F E9

Do you know if it is possible to write a little app/plugin to remote control my fan?
Or would I just need to record button clicks and replay them?

— edit —

I should have asked, why generate sub files?

1 Like

I have the same problem with a Ceiling fan. There is no way to detect the frecuency.

On remote, I see at micro: hf 1630c rafh213032
On board, DL-1630C+24c02-HF-15KEY

With other fan of the same manufacture (mimax) the frequency is 433,92 and I can read all.

hey mate, did you end up figuring it out? I’m in the same boat.

What about using frequency analyzer and then READ RAW on that frequency or near frequency trying the 4 modulations available ? Can someone play back the file captured in a way that it will work ?

any chance you can send me the SubGhz Key Files you detected?