Buying a Flipper in the US. What is up with it selling out?

I have been keeping up with flipper zeros since they first became popular around my area. I practically know the ins and outs of everything about them (I have a friend who has one) but every time I go to buy it, it tells me sold out. If I change my region however, I could buy it perfectly. Is there a sort of customs issue or is it just scalpers? (I don’t want to buy it from anywhere but the offical website because I don’t want to pay anything but retail price)
Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Keep an eye on the Twitter feed. I picked up one when they posted about the restock last week.
https://twitter.com/flipper_zero

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/FlipperLocator may also help alert you to when they’re back in stock

1 Like

You just have to be really fast in most cases.

1 Like

You are going to hate me for this. I was checking the official website every once in a while and I just got lucky. There was about a 5 day period where they were in stock and I managed to get one. It was just chance and I was extremely lucky. Don’t pay double what this thing is worth, just because you can’t get one right now. They will be available again. It may be months, but they will be in stock again. Don’t overpay, unless you are rich.

1 Like

I wrote my own bot to find mine.

Join their Discord. It will literally help you get one in hopefully only a matter of weeks!

They announce all planned restocks in advance, as well as a 1 hour notification before they go live. So if you follow the information from Discord, you shouldn’t have too much trouble getting one. Trust me, Discord is where you want to be. It’s far more active than the forum. I’m honestly not sure why they have both lol

Anyway, I highly recommend avoiding buying from a 3rd party. Good luck!

I should also mention, they have been doing weekly restocks for the US (although none this week for some reason). In addition, they recommend disabling any VPNs and such when purchasing on the website, as they have various measures in place to thwart scalpers (ie. having an IP address outside the US when browsing the US website, etc).

1 Like

True a good fraud system will detect a VPN because they aren’t “residential” IP addresses.

Yeah I’m all staked out for the restock on Monday. I have backups on backups incase something goes wrong!

Yeah I know my friend uses NordVPN and it told him he couldn’t get it shipped to his address so I will make sure mine is off. Thanks for the tip!

I placed an order today with ease, I heard they drop it every 1st & week 15th of the month.

Holy smoke! They are still in stock! I haven’t seen them last this long since last year!

Can FlipperZero works in Nigeria? Pls I will like to know,

I understand that they don’t ship down to Nigeria but someone can receive it and send it down to Nigeria but my question is that, Do FlipperZero works in Nigeria?

I see no reason why it wouldn’t work but it would probably be illegal to use the RF functions. It also might get seized by customs. Some software modifications might need to be made as well so it can do the frequencies you want. A keyboard layout may need to be created if your keyboard layout is not available in order to use BadUSB.

I was able to order without issue on the 17th restock in the US. Now I’m just waiting for them to ship out!

Same here, ordered on 4/17 and tracking says “Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item”.

@equinox @simpleton They were slow getting my shipment out when I ordered but it eventually got here.

1 Like

So how many days in total did it take to get in your hands.?? I’ve been checking mines everyday so narrowing down from your shipment would ease my mind a bit lol

5 days before shipping and 13 before arrival. I heard some say it took way less time and others a little more.
EDIT: Hearing we are about to see a restock in the US tomorrow.