Brand IR Remotes

I have an LG TV, and a Roku TV so I have gotten the IR codes for those but I’m curious if anyone has gotten controller setups for Samsung, Sony, Vizio, Panasonic, Philips, Hisense or others. It looks like there is an upload function here on the site, it would be great to get some other people’s IR sets so as I’m out and about I’m all set for a bunch of different TV types.

I tried the automatic program and while it powers on and off TVs I haven’t been able to get the channel up and down or volume up and down to work no matter when I stop the auto power button.

1 Like

If you grab the TV.ir file off of the flipper and open it in a text editor on your pc you will see all of the codes that are in the universal remote. You can also add more codes to the remote as long as you name them correctly. I captured my Samsung channel and volume buttons with the learn feature in the flipper and then added them to the TV.ir file. Basically you can use this method to update the universal remove to cover more TV’s. Hope this makes senses.

5 Likes

Thanks, that does make the universal remote a lot better. I might just try to modify that in a little bit. I was to get all of the important buttons, like volume, channel, power, input, directions, ok button, that kind of stuff from all of the main manufacturers. If you have a Samsung it would be great to get that from you. I’m hoping to build it out my codes for each of the individual manufactures so if I see a Samsung TV out and about, I can pull up my Samsung profile and have a decent shot and getting it.

Here is the capture I did on my samsung remote to update the TV.ir file in the assets folder. Make sure the naming convention is correct so that the universal remote will run the command with all the others ones in the TV.ir file.

Filetype: IR signals file
Version: 1
# 
name: POWER
type: parsed
protocol: Samsung32
address: 07 00 00 00
command: 02 00 00 00
# 
name: VOL+
command: 07 00 00 00
# 
name: VOL-
command: 0B 00 00 00
# 
name: MUTE
command: 0F 00 00 00
# 
name: CH+
command: 12 00 00 00
# 
name: CH-
command: 10 00 00 00
3 Likes

Thanks do you have the input and directions button? I would like to make a Samsung.ir with all of the important buttons that I can open when I see a Samsung TV and see if I get lucky that it matches.

Roku and LG Remotes.zip (718 Bytes)

I’m not seeing a lot of traction but I’m uploading my LG.ir with all of the important buttons from my LG TV, and another one that is labeled Roku and is all of the important buttons on a TCL Roku TV.

4 Likes

Hmm… I have an xbox 360 infrared remote somewhere (which i specifically purchased because no universal remotes seemed to work with it) to learn those codes (at that time, I was using the console mainly for netflix)… I don’t know if i still have a remote with the codes saved, or if that 360 remote i purchased is still working… I’ll dig around and see if i can record those codes and upload them…

On that note, IIRC some harmony remotes did allow you to record and share remote codes as well… I wonder if we can just piggyback off those… and have an already existing database to use… I would love an “add manually” option in flipper similar to what we have for NFC and RFID.

edit: @NecroPanda posted this page in the sequence thread https://github.com/probonopd/irdb Maybe i’ll play around and try the codes from that on my flipper first…

2 Likes

Here is my Vizio tv. It was not in the universal tv remote built into the Flipper :slight_smile:
Vizio.ir (983 Bytes)

3 Likes

First I would like to thank @Rootjunky and @jaded
Your two posts got me over the roadblock I was hitting. Thank you!

Here is my master list for the Samsung QLED TV
Samsung TV Full List.ir (5.0 KB)

Background and troubleshooting I did incase someone else is getting something similar.
The flipper was only picking up the power on button for IR off of my Samsung remote. (I didn’t dig into why it wasn’t picking up the other buttons.) But with that information I was able to determine that it was the Samsung32 protocol and address 07 00 00 00 by looking at the captured file in notepad++.
I got the same idea as @jaded but I’m not good at scripting. Thankfully they did all the heavy lifting for me and had already created a script to make all the combination commands.

You can see their python script here: Trying IR codes on a soundbar

f = open(“try_lg.ir”, “w”)
f.write(“Filetype: IR signals file\nVersion: 1\n”)
for i in range(255):
f.write("#\nname: %02x\ntype: parsed\nprotocol: Samsung32\naddress: 07 00 00 00\ncommand: %02x 00 00 00\n" % (i, i))
f.close()

After I had the file, I dumped it into my flipper and started going down the list and recording what each one did.

Sidenote: Every time I created an .ir file to put on the flipper it wouldn’t read it. I had to record a new remote, pull that file off, dump my text in, reload it, and then it would work. (I know I was missing something simple I just don’t know what.)

I found some interesting programmed responses that I know I would not have seen just using my remote. I tried to match what each button was by the names provided from the Samsung Owner’s manual. If I mislabeled or screwed something up, I apologize in advance. I also tried to put it in order of the buttons I would use the most, but you can move them up or down as you see fit and rename them to fit your needs.

Now all I need to do is find a remote for my KVM that I think I threw away… :sob: (I have no clue as to what it’s IR frequency would be)

4 Likes

Ive made a short list here of the buttons on my TCL smart TV.

I dislike the universal remote that flipper comes with, because it doesnt have a “select” or any directional buttons.
I find that most TVs need these functions in order to navigate menus.
Tcl.ir (567 Bytes)

No volume or channel captures because I have a sound bar connected. If anyone needs them, I’ll be happy to update in the future.

I’m experiencing an issue with your master list. Simply dumping it into Flipper under learned remotes leaves me unable to open the list at all through the device.

Did you have this issue or did you upload the list to another location?

@SpaceKeat Thanks for you Vizio list, it works perfectly on my Vizio soundbar.

Hey @Jackx429

I think I found the problem, flipper does not like the word Master in the file name. I changed the download in the original post and tested it on my flipper and it loaded up after a second or two. If it doesn’t load for you again. I would suggest making a new recorded IR remote, doesn’t matter what, then taking that file and dumping the Samsung data into it and then putting the file back into the flipper to see if it loads then. Let me know if the new file works for you or not either way.

Out of town on work for the moment, will update when I’m able to test this.

I finally got the codes for my TESmart KVM. If anyone is looking for the full 5 PC remote here are the codes for your flipper.
TESmart KVM.ir (733 Bytes)

1 Like

i just ordered my flipper but do you know if it will work with the amazon fire tv/remote?

I have a Polaroid TV with a broken remote.
Is there a way to read the signal from the TV or anyway I can make a .ir file myself?

No and likely no. Try universal remotes (default and from IrDB). There are some Polaroids in IrDB too.

Brute force. This is what I do when i don’t have a remote neither a way to know the protocol:

• Run universal and see if some power off / volume up / whatever do work even if it’s not the correct key, example if volume up changes channel instead at least you know you hit a correct protocol + device.
  • When you have a key that does work open that ir file and locate key (example volume) try protocol/device/command one by one for that key to see what is correct/trigger TV response.
  • When you have the correct protoclo - exemple - NEC and device ID - example 0x40 try to send one command by one from 0x00 to 0xFF and see the reaction on the TV.

Done.

1 Like

I lost my Anker nebula capsule 2 projector remote control, does anyone among us own this remote control? Can you get the remote control code?

1 Like

Do either of these work? Flipper-IRDB/Projectors/Anker at 37312582c59c85dcc1537b5b343db4ba293a8661 · logickworkshop/Flipper-IRDB · GitHub