"Blaster" Functionality?

Does anyone have a code file that will rapidly transmit dozens/hundreds of power codes?I would like to have the option to “power off” a room full of different branded devices simultaneously, such as annoying displays blaring ads or other infomercial crap in a waiting room. Thanks!

You’re talking about a TVBegone. I have one and have tried to read it, but there does not, as yet seem to be a function to just do a raw read with manual start and stop recording times. Currently, Flipper wants to just grab a little chunk of the pulse sequences. If we had a manual start, and a manual stop for recordings, I could just record the whole transmission. Basically, it’s just a long lookup table full of pulse sequences. As in about 2+ minutes of pulse sequences. I wonder if a read raw recorder could be added to the IR module.

1 Like

There is an app under Infrared > Universal Library > TVs > TV Remote which I think may be similar to what you are looking for? When you select power on/off it goes through a significant number of codes and you can select cancel to stop it from blasting if what you want powered on/off is already done. It can also control volume up/down and channel up/down. I see this functionality in release 0.58.1.

2 Likes

This is literally what the Power button in the universal remote app does

7 Likes

Awesome, looking forward to trying it out. However, I’m still wondering if a Read RAW recorder similar to the RF functions could be implemented? Please? Very pretty please? Knockout, drop-dead gorgeous please?

You can already record RAW infrared signals, just use the learn function

2 Likes

The problem here is that Flipper stops after a recognized signal or a pause in raw, and what OP wanted is manual start/stop and continuous even dumber recording (BTW, +1 on that).