Become thanos for the ir remote control realm

WANT TO KILL TIME? WANT TO BE THE THANOS OF INFRARED TV REMOTES? WANT T.V.S OR ANY OTHER IR CONTROLED ELECTRONICS TO QUIVER AND FEAR YOU, AS THEY DO YOUR BIDDING AS COMMANDED?

I had a cool idea and am gonna try it tonight…
Get ur flipper, a cheap General Electric Programmable remote control, and google any Remote control program code data base list… They are Alphabetical, have any brand that exists, and easy to find online.

STEPS TO BE IR THANOS:

1. go find a super cheap G.E. general electric programmable universal remote.

2. These can be programmed for any ir remote for more than only TVs. and works on any model any brand with ir… all TVs use 3 or 4 or 5 digit program codes
    (Programmable Remotes hold all brands codes…But ONLY ONE AT A TIME!!! :pensive:
    FLIPPER ZERO ENTERS THE CHAT… :imp: :dolphin:

3. Go online look up any ir code programming data base u desire… tons are free everywhere and consist of 3 or 4 or 5 didgit codes

4. Go into your flippers “Infrared” app, and select “Learn New Remote”

5. Start at the top of your infrared code database and find the first brand name and name the remote that brand name. Since you can program every brands IR code into universal remote without needing to own the TV to use it on you start at the top of the first brand alphabetically and you program the remote the very first code on the list. ou then capture that from the remote with the flipper then you reprogram the code with the next three or four or five digit program universal remote code and you capture that one you go down the list until you have every code listed possible for every brand in ur data base of codes.

6. remember tho. every singel separate code needs to have its own remote named after the brand. if there are four 3 didget codes for sony brand u need to create 4 sony remotes. After you program one code from a brand on to the universal remote you’re going to want to spend time then pressing every button that you’re going to need from that remote I recommend just in the basic main used buttons, (but you can do whatever one’s you desire)… POWER, VOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN, CHANNEL UP, CHANNEL DOWN, AND MUTE. So if there’s four codes for Sony brand for example: codes 155 156 160 and 162. you make 4 new remotes named sony155, sony156, etc…

7. So after you make each new remote, (Let use the one we just named Sony155), on The Flipper, you’re going to program Sonys IR code 155 from ur data base list, into the universal remote, and then you’re going to use the universal remote and press: POWER, CHANNEL, VOLUME, ETC… and capture each codes basic ir signals for each desired brands remote code funtion/action. At the end, You should then have a saved remote for all of each brands individual remote codes. When done, your remote list will have a list of remotes like: Sony156 and Sony157 etc… with each one containing as i said before, every brands code one by one separately containing the primary controls for power, volume, whatever u want etc…

now you can have multiple remotes with multiple code numbers and after a couple databases of doing this and spending some time you are going to pretty much be the remote control God.

REPEAT THIS IDEA WITH ANY IR CODE FOR ALL SORTS OF DEVICES THAT USE IR…

1 Like

I have converted some codes in a similar fashion but I use a Broadlink RM Pro and an Android app called “SURE”. It’s a better solution from a time perspective. You might be able to get some codes that I haven’t with your solution. I have also used a brute force method which I described here.

There are also Flipper IRDB repositories that have most codes you could want. If you find some cool codes not already available please consider adding them to Github.

2 Likes

In general a good idea. But if you think about, how it works with universal remotes, I see problems.

You are in front of a Sony TV and got a list with Sony[nnn].IR files. What file to use?
It would be more helpful to know the name/model of the remote and the matching TV/projector/AVR model.

Maybe you have thought about this and a suitable solution?

2 Likes