Battery issues

Greetings,

I hope you are all having a wonderful year so far.

Life has been busy so I haven’t gotten to play with my Flipper Zero in quite a few months, October/November time. After getting it out yesterday, I tossed the charger in and let it sit overnight to charge up.

Now I am noticing issues with the battery. It doesn’t hold a charge, and I get pop ups about the battery health. So it would seem I potentially need to replace the battery. How viable is this as I haven’t gotten to use this device very much at all and I am more than a little disappointed that I can’t work on a few new projects.

Any help you can offer I would be extremely appreciative for. Thank you l!

1 Like

This teardown should give you a decent idea. Lot’s of people are taking them apart but it really depends on your comfort level.

Thank you so much, that is very helpful. I haven’t been able to find where to purchase a replacement yet, so are there any recommendations for where to buy one? Trusted sources?

1 Like

The battery is 2100mAh(I guess they rounded on the docs) 7.4mm x 35mm x 63mm.

The cell should include a protection circuit and a temperature sensor(thermistor). The Flipper has 3 wires. Ideally you want to replace it with another 3 wire battery. The third wire is for thermistor. If nothing else is available a thermistor can be bypassed with a resistor but I wouldn’t recommend that unless there isn’t another option. I think the hard part is going to be finding a cell that fits so worrying about quality may not apply. Digykey is a reputable dealer if they have the correct part in stock and they have 24x7 worldwide support.

Power System Characteristics

Parameter Value
Battery capacity 2000mAh
Operating voltage 3.6-4.1v
Working time 5-9 days
Full charge time 2 hours
Charge voltage and current 5V, 1A
Power connector USB Type-C
Maximum cable power supply current, including connected devices 3A

Just unplugging the battery and plugging it back in should solve your issue

2 Likes

Perhaps the hard reset might also work then without taking the Flipper apart.

@jmr You have been amazingly helpful, thank you so much. I really appreciate all of your help! Sadly the Hard Reset did not help this situation. An easy fix would have been wonderful!

@Astra I will try that before ordering a new battery then, I am thankful for your assistance!

1 Like

@Astra Battery disconnection and reconnection did the trick, you are amazing. I appreciate you so much!

Thank you everyone for helping, this seemed to be the trick. 6 screws and battery reconnection were all this took to fix. To anyone who may run into this issue in the future, super easy to fix.

2 Likes