Barcode Scanner

I was thinking that it would be nice if the flipper zero could display barcodes for scanners. Im not sure how onc would obtain and use it but it may be handy in certain events

1 Like

Any further thoughts on using the infrared transmitter as a barcode simulator? I feel the Flipper hardware would be capable just needs the software.
There used to be an app on Samsung galaxy S7 (Mobeam Beep n go) that would flash the infrared LED used for proximity at the speed expected by older laser style barcode readers. This would trick barcode readers into thinking you were holding your loyalty cards in front of it.

This could be a handy feature for both storing loyalty cards, and also replicating barcodes used on name badges etc.

1 Like

There is already a 3rd party app to generate bar codes with flipper …

I think that soon there will be the option to run external flipper apps from the SD card so people can build apps and those can be placed on the SD and executed from there saving internal memory space and allowing for people to get whatever apps they want and run those independently from the firmware they are using …

2 Likes

Now that flipper firmware do support external apps just copy the attached bar code generation app to the application folder on your SD card !!!

(You need to unzip the file first)

barcode_generator.zip (2.8 KB)

1 Like

im trying to download this and when i run it on the flipper i get an error that says “API version mismatch”
any ideas on how to resolve that?

Yes. There are 2 type on compiled apps. The ones compiled for official/stock firmware and the ones compiled for other firmwares. The ones for non-official firmware will NOT work on the official and vice/versa.

If you use stock firmware you need the versions from here :

Regards

EDIT - You can interchange the ones from the non-official firmware (both non-official firmware use the same API and apps will work on both) but they will not accept apps compiled for official firmware and official firmware will not run apps compiled for non-official firmware.

1 Like

Yes. There are 2 type on compiled apps. The ones compiled for official/stock firmware and the ones compiled for unleashed/RM firmware. The ones for non-official firmware will NOT work on the official and vice/versa.

Apps are here : Flipper/Applications at main · UberGuidoZ/Flipper · GitHub

If you are using official firmware you need the apps here : Flipper/Applications/Official/Tools at main · UberGuidoZ/Flipper · GitHub

I think you linked the same non official UberGuidoZ apps.

2nd link that i posted is for official apps on UberGuidoZ.

They have them compiled for official and plus 2 other branches :

On my first link click Official and the apps there are compiled for official/stock firmware.

I’m on official 0.69.1 firmware, an Im also getting this ““API version mismatch”
I have been copying the official files from this repo.

Maybe because they did update the API and the apps are no longer compatible ?

Yeah the ones in the “Official” folder aren’t working for me either.

If you are on the latest version of official firmware try this :