Bandai Namco Passport AKA "Banapass" Working with Flipper

Hi all,

I got my Flipper working with the Bandai Namco Passport system, also known as “Banapass”. I was able to back up my card and get data on the reader. I was provided with a list of NFC keys (not sure if I am allowed to share them here, I didn’t see anything in the rules regarding it) that are used by the Banapass system and they did work (got all keys and sectors read off my card).

Banapass is deployed on many Namco arcade games throughout the US and Canada.

Here is a photo of the card, though they have many different designs, but all cards work the same way.

Here is the output of the card info according to Flipper:

Filetype: Flipper NFC device
Version: 3
# Nfc device type can be UID, Mifare Ultralight, Mifare Classic
Device type: Mifare Classic
# UID, ATQA and SAK are common for all formats
UID: FF 7D 0C F3
ATQA: 00 04
SAK: 88
# Mifare Classic specific data
Mifare Classic type: 1K
Data format version: 2

Hopefully this information is found useful to others wishing to use this - Please let me know if I am allowed to share the keys here or not and I will do so. Cheers!

1 Like

Forum rules doesn’t seem to prohibit it, but whoever gave you keys might have been implying NDA - double-check that. Right place to submit keys seems to be UberGuidoZ/Flipper GitHub repo, where an additional list is maintained.

Thanks for the extra details - They confirmed they do not want them shared publicly at this time. What I can say is the specific list is quite short (~30 entries). Once I have the go ahead to put them on the repo I’ll do so.

Should be easy to get the keys if you have access to the reader or to a full card dump …

I have access to a card & reader. Was able to get 10 nonces from the reader, but only was originally able to read 1 key & 2 sectors until I get the small list of keys from my contact. Card still worked in my case but I am unsure if it would have worked for every situation.

Interesting but I thought there’s only 1 key though? (cough SEGA soccer game 2.0 cough) Is it just a single key repeated 32 times for sector and key A/B?

And also pretty sure it’s already everywhere, hidden in those sketchy leaks of Project Diva on that weeb torrent site.

Also apparently for Aime and possibly later BanaPassport that uses Mifare Classic EV1 you can just hardnest your way through. It has a bit chance of failing but I was able to recover the keys after multiple tries.