App for Apple platforms

Hello!

KS Backer here. I’m a product designer and I would love to contribute to the mobile (iOS) app design process. My biggest question is who do I need to speak with?

Would love to discuss design needs, release schedule, and the type of contributions and support I can provide.

Looking forward to hearing from y’all!

Checkout my LinkedIn Profile

2 Likes

Android and iOS app discussion on there

1 Like

I’d personally advice with also including iOS 13 support since the main target audience for the Flipper will be mostly security researchers/recreational hackers. Because iOS 13 has a jailbreak this in combination with Flipper would be a hackers dream, while on iOS 14 without a jailbreak your device is way more restricted. Most researchers are currently jailbroken on IOS 13 or if you have an older device there’s a bootrom exploit for A9(X) and lower chips currently working on iOS 14. It also shouldn’t pose any problems because swift ui is introduced in iOS 13 so you don’t need to change your original plan whatsoever.

You are right that we can use any other package on iOS. nanopb is being used on the Flipper itself.

However, for development of an macOS\iOS application (as client side) it is more convenient to use SwiftProtobuf.

The watch WatchOS makes it feel like some hacking movie or video game.

MacOS has shortcuts now.
I know this is an old topic, but I just to mention this…
Having shortcuts support would be great, since I use my flipper as a single gate/door remote for multiple places, having single Flipper instead of 10 remotes.
So being able to open garage door with Siri through CarPlay would be great. :slight_smile:
It would be great that I could just say Hey Siri, open the garage door, and this would start a shortcut to run a Sub-GHz that I have on my Flipper.