Android App Connection Issues

Has anyone else attempted to use the Bluetooth remotes that were included in the firmware? Whenever I open the Bluetooth remotes section on the flipper I immediately lose connection between my flipper and the phone. I have restarted my phone, reset the flipper, and turned off and back on the Bluetooth with no success. If anyone else has gotten past this issue some advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

I’m not familiar with this issue. But I can imagine it is a protocol (BT Profile) thing.
See: List of Bluetooth profiles - Wikipedia

The Bluetooth connection is more of a serial connection (SPP), the remote should be something like AVRCP.

My idea is: the problem is not that the BT connection is lost, the problem is, that the phone can’t answer/switch to the needed profile.

2 Likes

Not only protocol. This app reconfigures BT a lot, including protocol, device name (from Flipper_{name} to Remote_{name}) an possibly more (MAC? Not sure). The pairing has to be re-done and the Flipper app can’t work until you close remote. Almost the same happens with qFlipper when you launch USB remote or BadUSB.

2 Likes

BadUSB is another HID profile as qFlipper (RPC). This is also correct.

1 Like

Other people have gotten it working well from reports I’ve seen. I’m not having good luck with BT so far as Flipper controlling other things. Controlling the Flipper with BT is working well for me though.

However, here are a few general troubleshooting tips that may help:

1. Make sure that both the Flipper and your phone are fully charged before attempting to use the Bluetooth remotes.
  2. Check that your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on and that it is in discoverable mode.
  3. Ensure that the Flipper’s Bluetooth is also turned on and in pairing mode. The specific steps for this will vary depending on your device, so consult the user manual for instructions.
  4. If you are still having trouble, try unpairing and then re-pairing the Flipper and your phone.
  5. If all else fails, reach out to the Flipper’s support team for further assistance.

I hope that helps!

2 Likes